Eco-Friendly & Safe
Wikipedia states that a 'Green Building' is designed to reduce the overall impact of the built environment on human health and the natural environment by:
- Efficiently using energy, water, and other resources.
- Protecting occupant health and improving employee productivity.
- Reducing waste, pollution and environmental degradation.
Insutherm Products reflects these values in being manufactured from recycled PET (plastic) bottles, and being itself 100% recyclable. Some 80 million bottles are collected and re-cycled each year! Polyester is considered physiologically inert and does not shed fibres. It is non-irritant and non-allergenic.
TIASA further states that recycled insulation materials have four benefits:
- They require less natural resource.
- They divert materials from the solid waste stream.
- Creating additional job opportunities for the unemployed by collecting waste.
- They use less energy during manufacturing.
IsoTherm and FabuFill insulation are leading Polyester products made in South Africa from recycled materials.
Product Specifications >
|Polyester Product Offerings|
|IsoTherm Options||FabuFill Options|
|Thickess||Width||Thermal Resistance||Thermal Resistance|
Our products comply with SANS 10400, the application of the national building regulations, as an insulation material.
Did You Know?
Every year, 80 million PET bottles are collected from landfill sites to make polyester products IsoTherm. One hundred and seventy one 500ml PET bottles go into a 6 kilogram roll of insulation IsoTherm. The polymer from PET bottles has a higher intrinsic viscosity which means it has greater molecular weight. This creates a better rigidity in the fibre with better resilience and loft compared to ordinary textile fibre.
Simply put, recycled PET is best!